139 entries categorized "Seattle"
The weird thing is, it wasn’t until a full day later we thought to wonder where the balloon shop is.
But what a way to go!
We had this at Skillet Diner on Capitol Hill. Table for four and we didn’t manage to finish it, oy....
In no particular order.
- I don’t particularly like working from home.
- Flexie. The keyboard is not your resting place.
- Drinking one’s own canned beverages? Feh.
- These kitchen-table chairs UTTERLY BLOW for anything more than about 25 continuous minutes of use.
- Seriously, Flex, go the hell away!
- Yay whatever music I want to play, at whatever volume.
- Remote access is simultaneously
- mind-boggling, even if you know at least the basics of the technology involved
- irritatingly slow
- Annie: The claws are not required for standing on my leg, ow ow ow ow ow
- This neighborhood is almost freakishly quiet on weekdays.
- The sofa, it calls to me....
- GODDAMNED CATS
When I couldn’t work from home, in the days when my job didn’t offer it (retail is hard to do except at the store) and before the technology was fully baked (hail the days of Citrix on Decker Lake Lane!), I wanted to work from home all the time.
Now I can work from home pretty much whenever I want and I avoid it. I like keeping my home and my workplace distinct and physically separate, too easy to lose work/life balance otherwise. And no cats at the office, which makes it orders of magnitude more productive. Or at least far less cat-hair–covered.
Is this what it means to gain perspective, or (gasp!) to become an adult?
Friends playing live music. Doesn’t get much better.
Elliott Bay Brewing Company to the rescue!
Club-level seat for my first game of the Mariners’ 2013 season.
Here’s from the top of section 234:
And here from my seat 9 on row 1.