Friday Forum: Random
Friday, October 22, 2004
I've followed the Friday Forum for a while (via its Yahoo! Group) but haven't participated until this week:
- Are you a spontaneous person, a planner, or somewhere in-between? Have you ever gone on a spur-of-the-moment road trip or vacation? When, and did you have fun?
Somewhere in between, closer to "planner." I've made spur-of-the-moment road trips from Salt Lake City to Seattle several times, and from Seattle to Portland a few times.
- Are you a baseball fan, and do you plan to watch the World Series? Who do you think will win? Do you go to a lot of baseball games or mostly watch them on TV? What is your favorite baseball game food?
I like baseball now and then but I don't follow it at all. I'm quite pleased with the Red Sox' victory over the Yankees, so I may pay attention to the World Series a bit. Last year I was glued to the Series because I wanted the Yankees to lose; guess I had to wait a year.
Favorite game food: If I'm watching a game with friends at a bar or at someone's house, typical party-snack-type stuff (chips'n'salsa, nachos, whatever). If I'm at the ballpark, it has to be the hot dogs.
- If someone gave you $25 right now and said that you had to spend it within the hour, what would you buy and why?
I'd go to the grocery store for any items I need—right now, that'd be milk, bananas, lettuce, a few other things.
- Name three things that you're looking forward to in the near future and why.
- Moving back to Seattle, because the job offer's such a good one.
- Receiving and installing the gift shop's point-of-sale system, so it's finally finished.
- Thanksgiving week; taking a jaunt to Seattle via Delta first-class.
- Do you know any foreign languages? Which ones? If you could become fluent in any language [writing and speaking it], which one would you pick and why?
I took French for 7 years but don't speak it fluently. If I could learn a language fluently right now, I'd choose Spanish, because I encounter more Spanish-speaking people in my daily life than any other languages. I think it's the most immediately needed second language in the U.S.